Business Operations, Customer Service and Support, Sales
4 Year Degree
The Manager, Operations- Cox Media Sales Support leads a market’s, region’s or state’s Sales Services organization and partners with market sales management to develop strategy and vision to support the sales process, revenue, internal and external customer service goals.
Works primarily in the Cox Media Sales offices in a sourced services (centralized) work environment. Responsible for a team that supports a variety of account sizes, i.e., customers who generate large, medium and small revenue streams. Primary internal customers are members of the Sales team in the assigned region or state, but works with other departments as well. Manages work that is time- and error-sensitive; failure to meet deadlines or produce accurate work results in lost revenue. May have contact with external customers by phone and in person. May require local and overnight car and air travel (10 – 30%) May occasionally participate in on- and off-site client activities which may occur outside regular business hours if supporting a sales consultant.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Develops the strategic vision and direction for the Sales Services team in collaboration with the sales management team.
• Leads, coaches, and develops the Sales Services team and holds them accountable for fulfilling assigned responsibilities and achieving performance targets.
• Defines, develops and implements processes to streamline intra-market hand-offs that improve market operations.
• Serves as the training lead in support of new and refined processes.
• Serves as the Campaign Fulfillment Center (CFC) liaison to coordinate and facilitate CFC communications, process improvement solutions, recurring issues and process gaps.
• Serves as the market change champion to coordinate and facilitate all market change requests with the corporate change board.
• Sets direction for and leads the Sales Services team in the assigned market, state, or region.
• Selects, coaches, and develops Sales Services direct reports to meet established performance standards. Maintains records of employee hours worked and conducts employee performance reviews.
• Participates in strategy development and budgeting planning as a member of the VP direct report team.
• Investigates, resolves, and communicates order, schedule, or customer problems escalated by the Sales Services team or other departments.
• Coordinates identification, communication, and resolution of recurring problems and process gaps between the market, state or region, the Internal Process Team and the CFC management team.
• Designs, develops, documents, and implements process improvements related to intra-departmental handoffs in the market, state, or region to improve market operations.
• Coordinates market change requests for assigned market, state, or region with the Corporate Change Board.
• Trains Sales Services team members on new and revised process improvements as well as ongoing refresher training.
• May monitor and serve as the point of contact for preparing and submitting adjustment forms to issue client
• 7 or more years of experience required in related field; 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree • 5 years experience preferred in a customer service or sales environment • 2 years leadership experience preferred in a sales environment • Requires 6 months experience using Microsoft Office applications in a work or non-work setting • Excellent skill in applied learning, building partnerships, continuous improvement, formal presentation skills, high impact communication, leading change, leading teams, PC skills, producing results, reasoning, teamwork and collaboration, and written communication skills, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (sales, advertising or marketing) • 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred • 2 years leadership experience in Media Sales environment • Experience in telecommunications industry desired
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 4600 E Washington St, Phoenix,AZ US
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 1910948
Internal Number: 1910948
About Cox Communications
At Cox Communications, we believe life gets better with more moments of real, human connection. Cox is known for connecting people to a better future with our cable, internet and home security solutions. As the largest private telecom company in America, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a technology solutions leader offering networking and security services to businesses of all sizes and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.