Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Graphic Arts/Editing
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Writer/Producer at our national headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee. In this high touch role, you'll conceive, write, field produce, post-produce and manage production partners to create multi-platform branded content in support of sales initiatives for HGTV, DIY Network, and Great American Country. Content that MILLIONS see each day! Working under the Executive Producer, you'll ensure brand integrity while providing creative solutions to engage viewers and generate revenue.
If you’re passionate about great storytelling, savvy for branded partnerships, making killer integrations, plus enjoy working with a bold and fun-loving creative group, let’s talk! A new audience is waiting.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Volunteer Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more. Check it out: www.thisisknox.com
1. Conceive, write, field-produce, and post-produce campaigns in support of sales and programming priorities for on-air, digital, and social for HGTV, DIY Network & Great American Country networks
2. Review sponsors’ creative briefs to craft branded content pitches that are engaging and on-brand.
3. Write and produce creative and compelling shoot outlines and scripts.
4. Interview talent to help create the storyline around the promotion, product, or service.
5. Work closely with production partners, Executive Producer, Interactive Ad Sales Marketing to lead shoots and ensure creative and production success.
6. Collaborate with designer to provide creative direction and feedback on graphic development.
7. Supervise post sessions; including voice-over, edit, music composition, and audio mixing for various custom short form, custom vignettes, theatricals, sizzle reels, and billboards.
8. Work well with talent and clients in high-pressure environment.
9. Perform other duties as needed and as directed by the Executive Producer.
Something to note:
Although we try to stick to the 8 hour work schedule, sometimes our work extends into evenings, holidays and there may be a little travel occasionally (about 20% travel). Don’t worry though, one of our core values is Work/Life Balance and we're definitely flexible. We get that work is only one part of your life!
* Bachelor’s degree in Production, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field recommended
* At least 3 + years previous experience in television production, on air promotion/marketing, branded content, or other multi-media environment using writing, field-production, and post-production skills.
* Understanding of what branded entertainment and partnership with sales entails
* You demonstrate proven experience in content conception and crafting compelling stories to different demographics in all forms of media, such as broadcast, online, social media and print.**
**Don't forget to attach a portfolio with samples of your production work!***
* Possess solid writing skills; ability to generate strong creative ideas quickly and ability to execute.
* You shine with a ‘can do’ positive attitude and loves collaborating with multiple stakeholders
* You aren't afraid to think outside the box and be creative
* You have knowledge of current post-production tools and processes and knows their way around an edit bay
* You are a self-starter and strong team player who can work independently and responsibly.
* You monitor timelines and adjusts work as needed to achieve incredible success.
* You have excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments at once.
* You can negotiate, strategize and coordinate people and processes.
* You're just as nutty and passionate about our brands and lifestyle content as we are!
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
**To be considered for the opportunity, you must attach a reel or samples of your previous work**
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at https://corporate.discovery.com/
About Discovery, Inc. Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
Internal Number: 20800
About Discovery Inc
BACK TO TOP
WICT Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else WICT Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at WICT Career Center.