WWE’s worldwide licensing program builds partnerships with companies around the globe to create products featuring its intellectual property and characters in diverse categories, including: toys, video games, mobile games, apparel, housewares, collectibles, sporting goods, books and more. WWE licensed products, created by its more than 200 licensees in more than 100 categories worldwide, are available at major retailers, including Walmart, Target, Kmart, GameStop, Walgreens, Barnes & Noble, Hot Topic, ASDA & Tesco. WWE is a $1 billion global brand at retail annually.
Since 2010, Mattel has been WWE's global master toy licensee and in 2017 WWE had the #1 action figure in the US. As part of its current partnership with 2K, WWE has the #1 best-selling fighting video game franchise in console history with over 80M units sold. Additionally, WWE is a top performing mobile gaming brand with over 70M downloads through partnerships with Sega, Warner Brothers, Glu and Scopely.
WWE Books has placed 25 titles on “The New York Times Best Sellers” list since 1999, including DK’s WWE 50 and WWE Encyclopedia. With DK as its core publisher and key partners BOOM! Studios, St Martin’s Press, ECW Press and Quarto, WWE’s publishing slate includes Superstars bios; historical guides; children’s books; sticker books; coloring & activity books, comic books; graphic novels and many others.
WWEShop is its direct-to-consumer e-commerce storefront, and WWE merchandise is distributed on other domestic and international e-commerce platforms, including Amazon – all of which drive nearly 1M orders annually.
WWE’s direct-to-consumer venue merchandise business consists of the design, sourcing, marketing and distribution of WWE-branded products such as t-shirts, championship titles, caps and other novelty items, all of which feature its Superstars and/or logo.
Overall, WWE consumer products drive more than $110M in revenue annually. ROLE SUMMARY
The Executive Vice President, Consumer Products oversees the strategic planning, business development and implementation of the global consumer products business for WWE, including licensing, e-commerce, venue, home entertainment and publishing. The EVP consults with senior leadership on all aspects of the consumer product business and directs all aspects of the day-to-day activities. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Creates the global vision and strategy for WWE’s consumer products by driving brand identity, positioning and recognition; identifying and exploiting new product opportunities; and enhancing partnerships in line with WWE’s target constituencies.
- Continually refines WWE’s consumer product function by ensuring high quality financial, administrative and operational controls are in place to support current business levels and future growth.
- Conceptualizes and develops new products: including identifying product voids, capitalizing on current marketplace trends, setting revenue and branding goals, and securing licensees.
- Negotiates contract terms for all licensing deals: including product specifications, minimum royalty guarantees, pricing, cost, revenue splits and mandatory advertising and promotional expenditures.
- Creates and manages overall budget for department, delivering on revenue goals.
- Oversee product launches, new licensee agreements, and production and distribution of WWE products into the marketplace.
- Assesses and reports on business performance through rigorous financial analysis; establishes metrics for each area under Consumer Products and ensures that each area is delivering value.
- Establishes strong working relationships with executive management, providing a strategic voice and partnership in overall company initiatives.
- Develops location-based family entertainment centers and branded retail locations with key regional partners.
- Responsible for the sales and profit of WWE’s Direct-to-Consumer Retail, Shop, Venue Product, and Operations.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record of leading a global consumer products business with well-respected media, entertainment, or sports companies. Experience with live events businesses is a plus.
- Management experience covering an array of consumer categories including toys, apparel, mobile games, family entertainment and publishing in addition to traditional hard goods and distribution.
- Experience in establishing and managing strategic partnerships with superior negotiation skills and a track record of building mutually beneficial financial relationships that maximize effectiveness.
- Proven track record of business development utilizing an intellectual property licensing and brand extension model across an array of platforms, media and retail/e-commerce outlets. Track record of expanding into new markets and growing revenues within established markets.
- Strong merchandising and product orientation; has worked extensively with the retail trade to develop comprehensive and innovative programs to extend multiple brands.
- Strong financial acumen (specific attention to profit and sustainability) and a track record of leveraging data/analytics to build consensus and drive decisions.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Strategic Visionary: The Executive Vice President, Consumer Products will have advanced knowledge of the marketplace, understand business trends and develop a comprehensive 5-year plan for the future of the consumer products business.
- Action Oriented Leader: The Executive Vice President, Consumer Products will achieve aggressive goals for the consumer products business by taking an action-oriented approach to leading the business both internally and externally with partners. He/She will do this by: aggressively, yet respectfully, pushing on partners to over-deliver on their commitments and constantly seek out other alternatives for key relationships; recruit an action oriented, goal-driven team that does not accept failure as an option and is constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible; and bring energy and enthusiasm to all discussions with internal stakeholders and business leaders.
- Creative Business Development: In a hyper-competitive space, the Executive Vice President, Consumer Products will take advantage of new content and intellectual property the company is developing to drive more expressions of the brand in the marketplace; identify new partnerships which may not have been previously thought of; promote a culture of innovative business thinking among the WWE team; and, capitalize on the powerful potential of digital revenue streams.
- Data/Analytics Approach: The Executive Vice President, Consumer Products will develop a rigorous approach of using data and analytics to drive core decision making and bring an informed view to bear when operating within the overall WWE business. They will do this by: possessing a command of the business details and basing opinions on facts; developing a strategic analytic framework in which to make decisions; viewing the business holistically and unearthing the interdependencies with the other divisions and the impact it has on the consumer business’s performance globally.
OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- A participative, team-oriented executive who exemplifies the highest personal and professional standards.
- Self-starter, energetic and resilient with an enthusiasm and determination to ensure that commitments and objectives are achieved. Able to handle a multitude of activities at the same time and driven to pursue positive results. Exhibits a “passion to win” in the marketplace.
- Experience operating at a senior level in a fast-paced environment. Able to work well as part of an experienced team.
- Displays outstanding written and communications abilities, in addition to excellent listening skills. Well-developed presentation skills to interface effectively with senior executives. A clear and concise communicator.
- Possesses a high degree of comfort operating in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment and able to make swift decisions at multiple levels.
- Confident and assertive: willing to confront issues quickly and decisively.
- Skillfully leads and manages a team by communicating a compelling vision and inspiring employees thereby boosting business performance.
Internal Number: 13547
About WWE Inc.
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The Company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family-friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE’s TV-PG programming can be seen in more than 800 million homes worldwide in 24 languages. WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 direct-to-consumer premium network that includes all live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library, is currently available in more than 180 countries. The Company is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.
BACK TO TOP
WICT Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else WICT Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at WICT Career Center.